Sunday, January 23, 2011

Inaugural Kombucha Brew - Bottling

January 13, 2001 - Bottling

Tasted the booch, and it was prime to bottle.



As I was told, my scoby got "busy" and made another one during this process.  These things are rather weird, but its what makes it work.  Not sure what I'll do when I build up a collection of these.  For now, I just have the pair.


On to setting up the bottles;


I'm using the three flavors that Hannah provided, POM (Pomegranate juice) for 2 of the bottles, then I plan to leave one unflavored to try and get the taste of the plain Kombucha.

Bottling was a relatively easy process, the spigot on the "Target" vessel was pretty easy for this


I decided to label the caps, and then document the flavors.  I used the following:


Plain - No flavors added

Opened - January 21 - Light fizz. Awesome taste, nice color. Possibly add a little sugar on the next one to get some fizz 

KK Flavor - Organic Elderberry Rose Petals


Opened - January 26 - Very fizzy. not very sweet, mildy sour. nice flavor. Slight essence of the flowers. very mild.

KK Flavor - Organic Chai Spice 

Opened - January 26 - Decent fizz, but very spicy, not my favorite.  Too much spice flavor

KK Flavor - Organic Gojiberry Organic Ginger

Opened - January 23 - Best fizz of the batch, very "gingery". Not sure what the Goji berries added from a flavor perspective, but this is the best one of the batch so far


POM - 1/2 cup POM Pomegranate juice.

Opened - January 17 - Light fizz, very nice. Good pomegranate flavor 

POM - 1/2 cup POM Pomegranate juice

Opened - January 22 - Better fizz than first one, probably due to longer 2nd fermenting. Very good, maybe too much POM flavor, if done again, may cut back on the amount used

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm - your flavors sound yummy! Love the fun stickers you put on your bottles.

    ReplyDelete