Friday, February 18, 2011

Third (Bashful) Brew

Sunday, January 30

I decided I needed other watchers over my booch, since the cracked vessel, the shredded scoby, and the mediocre performance on my last batch.  I decided to simplify a little, only do two flavors, and appoint another sentinel.  Bashful.
Ingredients
  • 2.5 spoons of Lychee Black Tea
  • 2.5 spoons of High Mountain Oolong
  • 1 cup 365 Organic Sucunat
  • Original KK Scoby, my eldest Scoby
Decided on a mix, instead of all black tea.  I was running low on Lychee


These are both very good teas, and make a nice pair.


As before, all tea was steeped and tempered prior to putting in the vessel.  I don't need another busted contain.  I also tried using Sucunat, as opposed to straight sugar.  I just like saying it... Not sure if I'm saying it right, but it is fun.. Imagine this with a thick southern drawl "Suck-You-Nat"


35 Minute steep, and added sucunat.  Poured remaining 8 cups of water in the vessel, and then added the sweet tea.


Time to get this covered up and put away


This one is going to sit awhile.  My schedule indicates that I have a few trips to make, one in which I plan to see the Steelers win their 6th super-bowl (2/18 ok, that was a disaster, hope it doesn't rub off on my kt)

Keep watch


No comments:

Post a Comment